Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The End of an Era

Preschool. Winslow Kindergarten. Lakeview. Norris Road Elementary. Tyngsboro Jr./Sr. High. Babson College.  17 Years of School has come to an end today.

As I left Tomasso today, I didn't feel the exuberance I had expected to upon completion of my undergraduate career.  Don't get me wrong, it's exciting. But knowing myself, I thought I'd be dancing in the streets.  Three finals stand between me and graduation.  It's the easiest finals have ever been but it's the lowest my motivation has ever been as well. What's keeping me from feeling this excitement of the impending graduation...hmm maybe its because starting June 29th I give my soul up to corporate america? That's got something to do with it. 

First, I must give a shout-out to all the people who have made my "lasts" of college more memorable by haunting my life these past few weeks.  Some of the "lasts" hit home while others were poor attempts to get the waterworks going.  Sure, I'll have my last trim sits in the next week or so. Ya, that's sad and all but my digestive system will thank me for ending that.  I already had my last track practice. and the last time I got ice bags for my shins. and the last set of strides on the upper fields. and the last 1500/800m races of my life.  Looking at these lasts individually, not so upsetting. It's the package deal. I'll know when I'm sitting in a cube for the rest of my life that I'll wish I was out at practice.  These last few nights in McCullough A6 will be painful. Three years of memories in this suite with a different group of girls each time. Not many Babson kids can say they've had that experience. 

Secondly...well that's soon to come.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison!

    Congrats on your accomplishments!

    Enjoy each and every one of these "lasts", for every "last" will soon bloom into an exciting "first" of another kind.

    And, I promise you its just the sound of "corporate America" that feels so far off from the carefree and systematic environment that you are living in. But, from one eternal optimist to another...I can tell you with confidence, that there IS life after college. A GREAT life in that...

    Cheers to some doors closing, and MANY MORE opening. Because, for you, my friend...MANY more will open.

    Xo
    D

    p.s. sorry about the multiple posts. It wouldn't let me post at all and now its posting as 4 times! haha
    createyourgreatlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete