Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Not So Real World

So the post college vacation has been one of the most enjoyable times of my life. I feel no stress. The only minor stress I have is that I'm pressured to optimize every single day. I need to make the best of the freedom that awaits me in these last four weeks of the "not so real world". 

Up til now, the maximization of the freedom is going so-so. (still looking for places to go) 
It kicked off strong with a road trip to Outer Banks, North Carolina, only hours after I graduated college. After only sleeping 1hr and a half the night before grad, I survived Commencement. Made my way back to McCullough where I plopped down on the lovesac with the girls, and just felt brain-dead. Up til that point, I had been tearless. But still, only shed a few and I think it was moreso from being overwhelmed. I tore down the remainder of my room and left McCullough after 3 wonderful years there.  Soon we were on the road to tyngs for my grad party. Around 8, people head out and I had to scramble to pack for OBX. By 8:22, Clauds, Liz and I were on the road to N.C.  Leaving Tyngs, I promised my parents that we'd just find a random hotel in NY somewhere, and crash there for a few hours to rest up for the rest of the drive.  Driving up Virginia Rd, I look at my GPS that says "Arrival Time: 6:45 AM". So I say "hey guys, imagine if we just kept driving and REALLY were to arrive at 6:45". HAHAHAHA. yea, that's not happening. Wellllp. Driving thru CT and then NY, we are all amped. And on my 1 hour of sleep, I'm like, umm lets do it! luckily, clauds and liz thought the same thing...we could make it there. Fast forward like 8 hours, and you'd find us having breakfast at Waffletown USA, delirious as can be, and then napping in a Wal Mart Parking lot. (the yaris is much roomier than you'd expect.) Keep in mind, we didn't kill this time by choice; if we had it our way, we would have been lying on the beach already. But we're good people, and decided to help out our friend Kevin who needed a ride from the Norfolk airport to the beach house.  At this point, Clauds and i were bickering like crazy (at the time, I though it to be due to exhaustion, but the trend continued, cough...SCRABBLE...cough. but nbd) Long story sort of short, we arrived to our gorgeous house in OBX by 10:15 am where it was hot and sunny.  Unfortunately we didn't see this hear or sunshine for 2 more days into this trip. In retrospect, that really didn't matter since I would definitely have got like 3rd degree burns with 7 full days of NC sunshine. ANYWAYS. Fantastic time in OBX. There is much  more to be talked about, but I tend to be long winded and I'm trying to avoid any more complaints. 

The past week of post College and OBX insanity has been a complete change of pace. Being home is amazingly relaxing. I'm finally feeling thoroughly grateful to be living at home this summer. Course, I'd love to be in the city, but this isn't such a bad gig. My parents aren't on my nerves quite yet. The pool is all set for the summer. And the I also forgot how nice it is to run around here. Which leads me to my next new endeavor. Triathalons. Tyngsboro is having a summer series of Triathalons. First one is June 11th. Who's with me!? It's going to be a great way to get started. It's a Mini Triathalon. So 400m swim. 10 mi Bike. 2 mile run. Totally do-able. Maybe someday I'll work up to the ironman in hawaii (2.4 mi swim, 112 mi bike, 26 mi run) HAHAHA. Hey, a girl can dream. 

Hmm, better go take my bike out for a spin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment